PTU Punjab Technical University B-Tech May 2019 Question Papers 6th Semester Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Total No. of Pages : 02
Total No. of Questions : 18
B.Tech.(IT) /(CSE) (2011 Onwards E-I) (Sem.?6)
Subject Code : BTCS-904
M.Code : 71113
Time : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks : 60
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES :
SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying T WO marks
SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and students
have to attempt any FOUR questions.
SECTION-C contains T HREE questions carrying T EN marks each and students
have to attempt any T WO questions.
Write briefly :
1. What is data Integrity?
2. Discuss the use of steganography.
3. Define transposition techniques.
4. What is traffic confidentiality?
5. Give the role of Key management in cryptography.
6. Define Euler's Theorem.
7. Give the syntax of MD5 algorithm.
8. Write the purpose of SSL.
9. What is X. 509 and why is it important?
10. What are Intruders in Information Security?
1 | M - 7 1 1 1 3
( S 2 ) - 1 1 4 4
11. Explain and draw the OSI security architecture.
12. Explain the principle of RSA algorithm by taking an example.
13. What are the message authentication functions? What are its requirements?
14. How Pretty Good Privacy is used for sending secure encrypted messages in network?
15. What is Kerberos and how it works to provide the security?
16. Explain the importance of DES algorithm by using the block diagram. Discuss the
modified modes of DES.
17. What is IP Security? How IP security architecture is used to provide the security to
18. Show how Firewalls inspects network traffic passing through it, and denies or permits
based on a set of rules.
NOTE : Disclosure of identity by writing mobile number or making passing request on any
page of Answer sheet will lead to UMC case against the Student.
2 | M - 7 1 1 1 3
( S 2 ) - 1 1 4 4
This post was last modified on 04 November 2019