Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) Second Year Pharmacology Paper I 2022 Question Paper
[MBBS 0222] FEBRUARY 2022 Sub.Code :5061
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2018-2019)
PAPER I ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q.P. Code: 525061
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. A 49 years old male is brought to the emergency dept with symptoms suggestive
of classic angina.
a. What are the various classes of drugs useful to treat the above patient?
b. Discuss in detail with suitable diagram on the mechanism of vascular
smooth muscle relaxant effect of nitrates and its therapeutic uses.
c. Add a note on Nicorandil.
II. Write notes on:
(6 x 4 = 24)
1. Enumerate atypical antidepressants. Discuss their mechanism of action and
2. Write in detail on transdermal therapeutic system with examples, advantages and
3. Write in detail on erythrocyte maturation factors and their role on treatment of
6. Nicotinic aci
III. Short answers on:
(6 x 1 = 6)
1. Eprosartan and the mechanisms by which it lowers the blood pressure.
3. Side effects of potassium channel blockers used in the treatment of cardiac
5. Phase III clinical trial.
6. Define tachyphylaxis. Give examples.
This post was last modified on 07 March 2022