Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) First Year Biochemistry Paper II MCQs 2022 Question Paper
FEBRUARY 2022 Sub.Code : 6056
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020)
PAPER II ? BIOCHEMISTRY
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Q.P. Code: 526056
Time: 30 Minutes
Maximum : 20 Marks
Answer All Questions
Choose one correct answer in the box provided in the Answer Script. No overwriting
should be done.
III. Multiple Choice Questions:
(20 x 1 = 20)
1. Normal blood calcium level is
A. 5 ? 7 mg/dl
B. 7 ? 9 mg/dl
C. 9 ? 11 mg /dl
11 ? 13 mg /dl
2. Which is attached to 3' ( prime ) end of mRNA after transcription
A. Poly A tail.
B. CCA sequence.
C. 7 ? Methylguanosine.
3. Among the following the most sensitive indicator of glomerular function is
A. Serum urea.
B. Serum creatinine.
C. Urea clearance.
4. Albinism is due to deficiency of which enzyme
B. Tyrosine hydroxylase.
C. Phenylalanine hydroxylase.
5. Which enzyme deficiency causes LESCH NYHAN SYNDROME
6. Which is Nucleotide
A. Nitrogenous base + Suga
B. Nitrogenous base + Phosphate.
C. Nucleoside + Phosphate.
Nucleoside + suga
7. The aminoacid from which niacin is synthesized is
8. Phenyl butyrate is used in urea cycle disorders because it ?
A. Activates enzymes.
B. Maintains renal output.
C. Maintains energy level.
Increases renal excretion of Ammonia.
9. Which of the following proteins are abundant in the exracellular matrix?
10. Glycine is used for synthesis of all the following compounds except
C. Purine ring.
11. Keshan's disease is due to deficiency of
12. In acute pancreatitis, the activity of the following enzyme in plasma is specifically
A. Alanine aminotransferase.
B. Aspartate aminotransferase.
13. Which of the following is not a nutritionally essential aminoacids for humans ?
14. Which of the following is a structural component of RNA but not of DNA ?
15. Ehler-Danlos syndrome characterized by hypermobile joints and skin abnormalities is
A. Abnormality in gene for procollagen.
B. Defect of elastase.
C. Deficiency of prolyl hydroxylase.
Deficiency of lysyl hydroxylase.
16. GABA ( Gamma amino butyric acid ) is
A. Post synaptic excitatory transmitte
B. Post synaptic inhibitory transmitte
C. Activator of glia cell formation.
Inhibitor of glia cell formation.
17. Which of the following is initiator codon for Translation ?
18. Casein, the milk protein is
19. Which of the following is the inhibitor of Thymidilate synthase enzyme ?
C. 5 ? Fluorouracil.
20. At isoelectric pH, the proteins show
A. Maximum net charge.
B. Maximum mobility in electric fiel
C. Maximum precipitability.
Minimum buffering action.
This post was last modified on 07 March 2022