Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) Second Year (2nd Year) 525061 Pharmacology I 2022 August Previous Question Paper
[MBBS 0822] AUGUST 2022 Sub. Code :5061
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted upto the Academic Year 2018-2019)
PAPER I ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q.P. Code: 525061
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. A 52 years old man comes to hospital with complaints of chest pain, radiating to
the left upper limb, pain not relieved by rest. Clinical examination and
investigations were done. Myocardial injury markers not elevated, ECG was not
suggestive of acute myocardial infarction. He was diagnosed to have unstable
Classify antianginal drugs.
Describe the mechanism of action and adverse effects of Glyceryl trinitrate.
Enumerate the drug therapy in myocardial infarction.
II. Write notes on:
(6 x 4 = 24)
1. Define Pharmacovigilance. Describe the basis and grading of causality
2. List the differences between peripherally acting and centrally acting skeletal
3. Discuss the guidelines in the choice of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
4. Describe the pharmacological role of Dopaminergic agonists in parkinsonism.
5. Enumerate the uses of Beta blockers.
6. Discuss the clinical applications of Acetazolamide and mention its adverse effects.
(6 x 1 = 6)
1. Mention 4 complications of spinal anesthesia.
2. Mention 2 newer parenteral iron formulations.
3. List 4 factors influencing prescriptions.
4. Mention the role of triptans in migraine.
5. Name the factor Xa inhibitors and 2 uses of these drugs.
6. Mention 2 drugs used in smoking cessation.
This post was last modified on 07 November 2022