Download MBBS 2020 Feb 2nd Year (Second Year) 525061 Pharmacology I Previous Question Papers
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER I ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q.P . Code: 525061
Time: Three hours Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on: (2 + 6 + 2 = 10)
1. Classify anti-hypertensive drugs. Discuss in detail about the management of
hypertensive emergency and urgency. Which anti-hypertensives are to be avoided
in pregnancy and Why?
II. Write notes on: (6 x 4 = 24)
1. Discuss in detail about the phase II bio-transformation reactions with suitable
2. Enumerate 2
antagonists and their uses. Discuss the difference
3. Discuss the mechanism of action, uses and techniques of local anaesthetics.
4. Compare and contrast conventional and atypical antipsychotics.
5. Discuss the role of vasodilators in acute heart failure.
6. Discuss the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of spironolactone.?
III. Short answers on: (6 x 1 = 6)
1. Define bioavailability. Why is it less when the drug is given orally?
2. Why is pralidoxime not used as antidote for carbamate anti-cholinesteases
3. Mention adverse effects of theophylline.
4. List four differences between buspirone and benzodiazepines.
5. Mention four common drug interactions in an alcoholic individual.
FirstRanker.com - FirstRanker's Choice
This post was last modified on 14 February 2020