Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2008 August 524056 Biochemistry II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4056
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
PAPER VI ? BIOCHEMISTRY - II
Q. P. Code : 524056
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Describe the pathways of methionine metabolism.
Add a note on metabolic functions of methionine and cysteine.
2. Describe the biosynthesis of purine nucleotide.
Add a note on regulation.
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Transamination reactions.
2. Renal regulation of pH.
5. Differences between DNA and RNA.
7. Post translational modification.
8. Formation of creatine.
10. Southern blotting.
III. Short Answer Questions :
(10 x 2 = 20)
1. Name the buffer systems of blood.
2. Sources of carbon and nitrogen in purine ring.
3. Wobble hypothesis.
4. Write the enzyme defect in (1) Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome (2) Orotic aciduria.
5. Okasaki fragments.
6. What are Xenobiotics.
7. Causes of Metabolic acidosis.
8. Name the important compounds formed from Glycine.
9. Inhibitors of protein biosynthesis.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021