Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2016 August 524055 Biochemistry I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4055
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER V ? BIOCHEMISTRY - I
Q. P. Code : 524055
Time : Three hours Maximum: 50 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
I. Essay : (1 x 10 = 10)
1. Describe the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Briefly write the
metabolic fate of pyruvate.
II. Write notes on: (2 x 5 = 10)
1. Metabolism of LDL.
2. Mode of action of enzymes.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 3 = 30)
1. Inhibition of ATP synthesis.
2. Wald's visual cycle.
3. Biochemical functions of vitamin C.
4. Functions of phosphorus.
6. Define BMR and mention the factors affecting it.
7. Consequences of diabetic ketosis.
8. Membrane proteins.
9. Coenzyme activity of biotin.
10. Lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT).
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021