Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2016 August 524056 Biochemistry II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4056
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER VI ? BIOCHEMISTRY - II
Q. P. Code : 524056
Time : Three hours Maximum: 50 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. Name the important buffer systems in the body. Describe in detail the role of lungs
and kidneys in maintenance of acid base balance.
II. Write notes on: (2 x 5 = 10)
1. Write about post transcriptional processing. Mention about post transcriptional
2. Describe about the various patterns of diseases in protein electrophoresis.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 3 = 30)
1. Carcinoid syndrome.
2. Write about urea cycle disorders.
3. Write about acute phase and negative acute phase protein.
4. What are the derivatives of aromatic amino acids? Write about serotonin.
5. High anion gap metabolic acidosis.
6. Write about alpha I antitrypsin and diseases associated with it.
7. Important functions of serine.
8. Types of DNA repair mechanism. Write in detail about any one repair mechanism.
9. OXPHOS (Oxidative phosphorylation) diseases.
10. Hybridoma technology & its application.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021