Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2014 Feb 524062 Virology Mycology Parasitology And Applied Microbiology Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code: 4062
SECOND YEAR MBBS DEGREE EXAMINATION
Paper IV ? VIROLOGY, MYCOLOGY, PARASITOLOGY
AND APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY
Q. P. Code: 524062
Time : 180 Minutes Maximum: 40 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Elaborate on:
(2 x 7.5 = 15)
1. List out the malarial parasites infecting man.
Describe the complications and Laboratory diagnosis of Malignant tertian Malaria.
2. Discuss briefly on viral vaccines.
II. Write Notes on: (10 x 1.5 = 15)
1. Interferons ? types and importance.
2. Pathogenesis and complications of Measles.
3. Viral haemorrhagic fevers.
4. Suckling mice ? Definition & uses in virology.
5. Role of Cyclops in parasitic diseases.
6. Larval forms of Diphyllobothrium latum.
7. Cutaneous Larva migrans.
8. Viviparous parasites.
9. Dimorphic fungi.
10. Significant bacteriuria.
III. Short Answers on:
(10 x 1 = 10)
1. Name two Epstein-barr virus associated malignancies.
2. What is antigenic shift?
3. Name the transmitting agent of Chikungunya.
4. Name two hepatitis viruses producing chronic infection.
5. Name two parasitic diseases in which man is the intermediate host.
6. Name two opportunistic amoebae.
7. Name two bile stained parasitic eggs.
8. Name the infective stage of Ancylostoma duodenale.
9. What is the pH of Sabourauds dextrose agar?
10. What is the use of Casoni test?
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021