Download B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) 2020 Feb 2nd Sem Advanced Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry Previous Question Papers
(LQ 4258) FEBRUARY 2020 Sub. Code: 4258
B.PHARM. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER III ? ADVANCED PHARMACEUTICAL ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Q.P. Code: 564258
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 20 = 40)
1. a) Explain stereochemistry of cyclic compounds.
b) Explain various methods of determination of configurations of geometric
2. a) Discuss chemistry and uses of ephedrine.
b) Explain chemistry and medicinal uses of Vitamin B
and Vitamin E.
II. Write notes on: (8 x 5 = 40)
1. Define and explain pharmace utical importance of chirality.
2. Explain conformational analysis of 1, 2 dichloroethane.
3. Explain various methods of resolution of racemic modification.
4. Discuss the chemistry of imidazole.
5. Explain chemistry and uses of thymol.
6. Discuss chemistry of lanatoside.
7. Explain chemistry of uric acid.
8. Explain metal hydride reduction as syntic tools.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. What is Fischer projection?
2. Define asymmetric synsis.
3. What is E-Z system of nomenclature?
4. Write structure and medicinal uses of camphor.
5. What are sennosides?
6. Write structure an d uses of folic acid.
7. Write structure and medicinal uses of caffeine.
8. Give medicinal uses of flavonoids.
9. What is periodic acid oxidation?
10. Give syntic uses of hydrazine and its derivatives.
FirstRanker.com - FirstRanker's Choice
This post was last modified on 21 February 2020