Download NTRUHS (Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences) MBBS First Year (1st year) 2022 January New folder 503A Physiology Paper I Previous Question Paper
DR. NTR UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:AP:VIJAYAWADA-520 008
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION ? JANUARY, 2022
FIRST M.B.B.S. EXAMINATION
Time : 2 ? Hours Max. Marks : 80
Note: Answer all questions
Illustrate your answers with suitable diagrams
1) With the help of a suitable diagram, describe the 02-Hb
dissociation curve and mention two factors shifting the
curve to right. Enumerate four special features of
pulmonary circulation. What is Haldane effect?
2) Define systolic and diastolic blood pressure and give their
normal values. Explain the baroreceptor reflex in response
to decreased blood pressure.
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS: 5X4=20
4) Facilitated diffusion
5) Mechanism of humoral immunity
6) Megaloblastic anemia
7) Mechanism of HCI secretion from stomach
WRITE BRIEFLY ON:
8) Regulation of pancreatic secretion Mechanism and
function of peristalsis and segmental
9) contraction of intestine
10) A new born male presented with anemia, jaundice and
generalized edema. His blood group was AB+ and the
mother's blood group was A-. Three years back his sister
was born and she was normal with blood group of A+.
a) What is your provisional diagnosis?
b) What is the cause of anaemia?
c) How will you treat this condition?
d) How could you have prevented these symptoms?
11) Counter current multiplier Mechanism of glucose
absorption in renal tubule
12) A 70 year old male presented with breathlessness on
exertion. On examination, his pulse was 110/min and he
had edema in the ankle and feet. The liver and spleen were
found to be enlarged and jugular venous pulse was raised.
a) What is your probable diagnosis?
b) Explain the pathophysiology of edema in this condition
c) Mention one drug treat this condition and write its
mechanism of action.
This post was last modified on 28 February 2022