JNTU-KAKINADA : ENGLISH Model Question Paper for 1st Year (R10) Engineering and Pharmacy.
ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS(4X10:40)
ALL QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN FULL. PART-ANSWERS WILL NOT BE AWARDED ANY MARK.
ANSWER ANY FOUR OF THE FOLLOWING:
I. a) Write a dialogue that might occur in the following situation:
You are seeking admission into a college for your graduation. You wish to know the infrastructure facilities available at the institution. Write a dialogue in maximum10 turns based on the situation. Use polite forms of expression and appropriate tone.
b) What are the ways by which you can improve your team work? Give 3 illustrations from your personal experience of being part of a team.
c) Plan a short family trip to a nearby tourist spot keeping in mind the logistics involved.
d) Present an argument in about 250 words on ‘Women are not suitable to work in the industry.’ Substantiate your argument with reasons.
e) Give the meanings of the highlighted words and write sentences of your own using each word. Passage from the text with 8 words highlighted
ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS(3X10:30)
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS.
1. Write the synonyms of the following words:
6 words to be given.
2. Write the antonyms of the following words:
6 words to be given.
3. Rearrange the following sentences and make a meaningful paragraph:
Paragraph of 6 sentences to be given from the text.
- Identify the types of the following sentences and write a similar sentence for each type.
6 sentence to be given
- Fill in the blanks using the appropriate forms of verbs given in the brackets.
Choose a passage where as many verb forms occur. Verb forms to be limited to 6.
- Match the following.
Column A: Adjectives
Column B: Nouns
- Correct the following words:
6 mis-spelt words to be given
- Correct the following sentences:
6 sentences to be given
- Read the following passage and list the adjectives and the adverbs:
Give a passage of 10 sentences.
- Write 3 sentences of your own using to + infinitive.
ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS(1X2.5:05)
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. Read the following paragraph and answer the questions given at the end:
The reading comprehension to be followed by 5 questions.
2. Identify the tone of the given passage by identifying the words which determine the tone.
A paragraph of 6 to 8 sentences.
Click on the below link to download: