PTU Punjab Technical University B-Tech May 2019 Question Papers 6th Semester Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Total No. of Pages : 02
Total No. of Questions : 18
B.Tech.(CSE) (2011 Onwards) (Sem.?6)
SIMULATION AND MODELING
Subject Code : BTCS-601
M.Code : 71107
Time : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks : 60
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES :
SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying T WO marks
SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and students
have to attempt ANY FOUR questions.
SECTION-C contains T HREE questions carrying T EN marks each and students
have to attempt ANY T WO questions.
Answer briefly :
How can we offset the disadvantages of simulation?
Define "Attribute" and "Activity" in the context of system simulation.
Describe Kendal-Lee notation for a queuing system.
What is hold and store block GPSS?
Mean and variance of Weibull distribution.
System capacity in www.FirstRanker.com
context of queue system.
Define Chi-square test.
What is confidence interval estimation?
How the sample size is decided in simulation.
10. Dynamic mathematical model.
1 | M - 7 1 1 0 7
( S 2 ) - 9 8
11. Explain Steady State behaviour of Finite population.
12. Explain auto correlation Test for random numbers.
13. How can you select input model without data? Explain with example.
14. Describe in detail the three step approach for model validation?
15. What do you mean by time advance mechanisms in simulation? Discuss next-event time
5advance approach with flowchart.
16. What is system simulation? Explain the steps involved in simulation study with
17. What is inverse transformation technique? Explain how it is used for producing random
variants from exponential distribution.
18. Explain the following :
a. Disadvantages of simulation.
b. Monte Carlo Simulation.
NOTE : Disclosure of Identity by writing Mobile No. or Making of passing request on any
page of Answer Sheet will lead to UMC against the Student.
2 | M - 7 1 1 0 7
( S 2 ) - 9 8
This post was last modified on 04 November 2019