PTU Punjab Technical University B-Tech May 2019 Question Papers 6th Semester Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Total No. of Pages : 02
Total No. of Questions : 18
B.Tech.(CSE) (2011 Onwards E-I) (Sem.?6)
Subject Code : BTCS-903
M.Code : 71112
Time : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks : 60
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES :
SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying T WO marks
SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and students
have to attempt any FOUR questions.
SECTION-C contains T HREE questions carrying T EN marks each and students
have to attempt any T WO questions.
1. What are message digest functions?
2. Explain MD5.
3. Explain the two types of sniffing.
4. Explain the difference between Active and Passive Sniffing.
5. What are keystroke loggers?
6. What is ping sweep explain?
7. What is ICMP sca
nning? How is it carried out?
8. What is WEP protocol?
9. What is the use of PKI?
10. What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPs?
1 | M-71112
11. What are different types of sniffing attacks? Explain each in brief.
12. Describe how a man-in-the-middle attack may be performed on a Wi-Fi network and the
consequences of such an attack.
13. An ideal password authentication scheme has to withstand a number of attacks. Describe
five of these attacks.
14. Explain briefly the concepts: one-way function, one-way hash function, trapdoor one-way
15. While preparing to hack a targeted network, you would like to check the configuration of
the DNS server. What port should you look for to attempt a zone transfer?
16. What are the different types of attack on a system? Explain each in detail. Why is ethical
hacking necessary? Explain the scope and limitation of ethical hacking. What are the skills
that an ethical hacker should possess?
17. What is vulnerability research? What is penetration testing? Explain. Why is it required?
Explain the penetration testing methodology.
18. What is APR spoofing attack? How does ARP spoofing work? What is ARP poisoning?
What are the threats due to ARP poisoning? How can we defend against ARP poisoning?
NOTE : Disclosure of identity by writing mobile number or making passing request on any
page of Answer sheet will lead to UMC case against the Student.
2 | M-71112
This post was last modified on 04 November 2019