Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) Second Year Pharmacology Paper II 2022 Question Paper
[MBBS 0222] FEBRUARY 2022 Sub.Code :5062
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2018-2019)
PAPER II ? PHARMACOLOGY II
Q.P. Code: 525062
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. A 29 years old female presents with symptoms suggestive of Multi Drug Resistant
(MDR) pulmonary tuberculosis, sputum positive for acid fast bacilli and resistant
a. Enumerate the various classes of antitubercular drugs (ATT) used in MDR TB
and briefly discuss their mechanism of action and adverse effects.
b. Categories of treatment regimes used in treatment of Multi Drug Resistant
(MDR) pulmonary tuberculosis.
c. What is the interaction of ATT drugs and oral contraceptives? Brief on the
management of such interaction.
II. Write notes on:
(6 x 4 = 24)
1. Therapeutic uses of thyroid hormone.
2. Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of Amphotericin B.
3. Beta lactamase inhibitors and rationale of their combination with penicillin.
5. Platinum compounds.
6. Anti Oxidant Vitamins.
III. Short answers on:
(6 x 1 = 6)
1. Name two hyperglycemic agents and their two uses.
2. Oral rehydration therapy and rationale of composition of oral rehydration solution.
3. Uses of interferons.
4. Maraviroc ? mechanism of action and two adverse effects.
5. Drugs used in therapy of giardiasis.
6. Name three angiogenesis inhibitors.
This post was last modified on 07 March 2022