Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) First Year Biochemistry Paper I MCQs 2022 Question Paper
[MBBS 0222] FEBRUARY 2022 Sub.Code : 6055
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020)
PAPER I ? BIOCHEMISTRY
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Q.P. Code: 526055
Time: 30 Minutes
Maximum : 20 Marks
Answer All Questions
Choose one correct answer in the box provided in the Answer Script. No
overwriting should be done.
III. Multiple Choice Questions:
(20 x 1 = 20)
1. Which of the following is a lipotropic factor?
2. Co enzyme A is derived from which of the following Vitamin ?
C. Pantothenic aci
3. Pernicious anemia may result due to the dietary deficiency of which of the
following vitamin ?
A. Folic aci
C. Pantothenic aci
4. In premature newborns, the deficiency of which lipid is associated with respiratory
A. Phosphatidyl choline.
B. Phosphatidyl ethanolamine.
C. Phosphatidyl inositol.
5. Aspirin inhibits the activity of the enzyme
C. Phospholipase A1
6. Pulses are deficient in
7. Niemann-pick disease is due to defect in the which enzyme ?
8. Normal plasma cholesterol level is
A. 40 ? 60 mg/100 ml.
B. 70 ? 110 mg/100 ml.
C. 120 ? 150 mg/100 ml.
150 ? 200 mg/100 ml.
9. The following vitamins has antioxidant property except
A. Vitamin C.
B. Vitamin E.
C. Vitamin A.
10. All of the following are substrates for gluconeogenesis except
11. In TCA cycle, substrate level phosphorylation takes place in
A. Alpha ketoglutarate to succinyl CoA.
B. Succinyl CoA to succinate.
C. Succinate to fumarate.
Oxaloacetate to citrate.
12. Renal threshold for glucose is
A. 80 mg %
B. 120 mg %
C. 180 mg %
200 mg %
13. The product of oxidation of odd chain fatty acids is
A. Aceto Acetyl CoA
B. Malonyl CoA
C. Propionyl CoA
14. Rate limiting step in Cholesterol synthesis is
A. HMG CoA synthase.
B. HMG CoA lyase.
C. HMG CoA reductase.
15. NADPH is required for
B. HMP Shunt.
Fatty acid Synthesis.
16. Glycogen synthesis is increased by
17. An example of competitive inhibition of an enzyme is
A. Succinate dehydrogenase by malonate.
B. Cytochrome oxidase by cyanide.
C. Hexokinase by glucose-6-phosphate.
Phosphofructokinase by citrate.
18. In a cell, digestive enzymes mostly occurs in
19. Net yield of ATP from one molecule of palmitic acid is
A. 8 ATP
B. 32 ATP
C. 38 ATP
20. Which factor decreases the affinity of hemoglobin for oxygen binding ?
A. An increase in 2,3 BPG level in blood
B. A rise in pH
C. Oxidation of iron to ferric state in one subunit
This post was last modified on 07 March 2022