Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2010 Feb 524055 Biochemistry I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4055
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
PAPER V ? BIOCHEMISTRY - I
Q. P. Code : 524055
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Define enzymes. Classify Enzymes with suitable examples.
Explain the concept of active site of enzymes.
2. Describe the steps of HMP shunt pathway. What is its significance?
How is it regulated?
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Nutritional importance of proteins.
2. Describe the requirement, sources, metabolic functions and deficiency
manifestations of folic acid.
3. Explain with a neat labeled diagram of fluid mosaic model of biological membrane.
4. Total parenteral nutrition and its importance.
5. t ? RNA.
6. Explain the metabolism and functions of HDL.
7. What are glycoproteins? Give three examples and its importance.
8. Chemiosmotic theory.
9. Rapaport leubering shunt pathway and its significance.
10. What are Nucleotides?
Name any three biologically important nucleotides and their importance.
III. Short Answer Questions :
(10 x 2 = 20)
1. Why sucrose is called a non reducing disaccharide?
2. Name the essential fatty acids.
3. Name any four biologically important compounds derived from cholesterol.
4. What are phospholipids? Give two examples.
5. Name the essential aminoacids.
6. Mention any two biological functions of albumin.
7. Name the aminoacids required for purine biosynthesis.
8. Sickle cell hemoglobin.
9. Specific dynamic action.
10. Write the principle and significance of biuret test.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021