Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2010 Feb 524056 Biochemistry II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4056
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
PAPER VI ? BIOCHEMISTRY - II
Q. P. Code : 524056
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Discuss about nucleic acids under following headings:
d) Char gaffs rule of DNA composition
e) Different forms of DNA double helix and f) Differences between DNA and RNA.
2. Describe the steps of s-adenosyl methionine cycle.
Explain the term transmethylation with five suitable examples.
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Give an account of the formation of specialized products from glycine.
2. Explain the term transamination and its salient features.
3. Polymerase chain reaction and its applications.
4. Blotting techniques.
5. Gene therapy.
6. Write an account of salvage pathway in purine nucleotide synthesis.
Add a note on Lesch ? Nyhan syndrome.
7. Post translational modification.
8. What are porphyrias? Describe any three porphyrias in detail.
9. Give an account of water distribution and its balance in the body.
10. What are isotopes? What are its applications in biochemistry?
III. Short Answer Questions :
(10 x 2 = 20)
1. Phenyl keton uria.
2. Structure of t-RNA.
3. Okazaki pieces.
4. Differences between CPSI and CPS II.
5. Metabolic role of magnesium.
6. Anion Gap.
7. Rotheras test.
10. Vanden Berg test.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021