Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2012 Feb 524056 Biochemistry II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4056
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
PAPER VI ? BIOCHEMISTRY - II
Q. P. Code : 524056
Time : 180 Minutes Maximum: 50 Marks
Answer ALL questions in the same order.
I. Elaborate on :
1. Describe the metabolism of tyrosine.
Name the inborn errors associated with this pathway.
(10 x 1 = 10)
2. Enumerate the liver function tests and how Vanden Bergh test distinguishes different
types of jaundice.
(5 x 1 = 5)
II. Write notes on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Post translational modifications.
3. Repair mechanism of DNA.
4. Salvage pathway of Purine synthesis.
5. Functions of Glucocorticoids.
6. Functions of albumin.
7. Precipitation reactions of Proteins.
8. Tubular function tests.
9. Role of Kidney in regulating the pH of blood.
III. Short Answers on : (15 x 1 = 15)
1. Restriction Endonucleases.
3. Lesch Nyhan Syndrome.
4. Denaturation of Proteins.
5. Differences between DNA and RNA.
6. What are the enzymes required for DNA replication.
7. What is the principle of affinity Chromatography.
8. What are the causes of respiratory acidosis.
9. Maple syrup urine disease.
10. Urea clearance.
11. Bence Jones Protein.
12. What are Oncogenes?
13. Beer ? Lambert's Laws.
14. What are the forces that stabilize secondary structure of Proteins.
15. Name the basic Amino Acids.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021