Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2013 Nov Physiology Including Bio Physics I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code: 4053
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER III ? PHYSIOLOGY INCLUDING BIO-PHYSICS - I
Q. P. Code: 524053
Time: Three Hours
Maximum: 50 Marks
Answer ALL questions
I. Elaborate on:
(2 x 7.5 = 15)
1. Describe digestion and absorption of fat in the digestive tract.
Write a note on steatorrhoea.
2. What do you understand by the terms innate and acquired immunity?
Describe the phenomenon of cell-mediated immunity.
II. Write notes on: (10 x 2.5 = 25)
1. G-protein coupled receptors.
2. Primary active transport.
3. Autoregulation of GFR.
4. Renal glycosuria.
5. Mechanism of bicarbonate generation in distal tubule.
6. Stimuli for secretion of aldosterone and actions of aldosterone.
7. Pancreatic C-peptide and its significance as a laboratory test.
8. Cretinism ? its cause, features and strategy to prevent it.
9. What is the function of corpus luteum of pregnancy? How is it supported?
III. Short Answers on:
(10 x 1 = 10)
1. Extracellular fluid volume and blood volume in an adult male weighing 70 Kg.
2. Calcium transporters on the membrane of sarcoplasmic reticulum.
3. Mechanism of edema in congestive cardiac failure.
4. State a manifestation of Hypocalcemic tetany. Give one cause leading to this condition.
5. List the Vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors.
6. Rh status of mother, father and child for occurrence of Rh incompatibility.
7. Role of tropomyosin in muscle contraction.
8. Type of acetyl choline receptor on skeletal muscle and its function.
9. Hormones secreted by hypothalamus.
10. Hormonal defect in (a) Addison's disease (b) Conn's syndrome.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021