Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 2009 Feb 524053 Physiology Including Bio Physics? I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4053
FIRST M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
PAPER III ? PHYSIOLOGY INCLUDING BIO-PHYSICS ? I
Q. P. Code : 524053
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Describe in detail the synthesis and functions of thyroid hormones.
Add a note on Hypothyroidism.
2. Describe the composition, functions and regulation of secretion of gastric juice.
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Composition of semen and its uses as a diagnostic tool.
2. Functions of juxtaglomerular apparatus.
3. Explain components and functions of bile.
4. Explain the stages of development of erythrocytes.
5. Describe the metabolic actions of cortisol.
6. Describe briefly the formation and functions of corpus luteum.
7. Describe the formation and circulation of lymph.
8. Enumerate the hormones secreted by anterior pituitary gland.
Describe the actions of growth hormone.
9. Classify the fluid compartments of body giving their normal values
mention two methods to determine E.C.F.
10. Describe the formation and functions of immunoglobulins.
III. Short Answer Questions :
(10 x 2 = 20)
1. Briefly describe the process of deglutition.
3. Name two indications of exchange transfusion.
5. Plasma cells.
6. Functions of plasma proteins.
8. Physiological basis of pregnancy diagnosing tests.
9. Role of oxytocin in female reproduction.
10. List the important functions of saliva.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021