Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2011 August 524063 General Pathology And Haematology Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4063
SECOND M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper III ? GENERAL PATHOLOGY AND HAEMATOLOGY
Q. P. Code : 524063
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Define inflammation.
Write in detail about the vascular and cellular changes in inflammation.
2. 40 yrs female c/o loss of weight, huge splenomegaly with peripheral blood white
blood cell count of more than 1 lakh cells/cc
a. What is the probable diagnosis?
b. What are the characteristic peripheral smear findings?
c. What is the course of the disease?
d. What is the chromosomal abnormality involved?
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Classify pigments and write about Lipofuschin.
2. Write about outcomes of acute inflammation.
3. Growth factors.
4. Hybridisation techniques to detect genomic alterations.
5. Antibody mediated hypersensitivity.
6. Molecular basis of cancer.
7. Immunology of Leprosy.
8. Primary myelofibrosis.
9. Hemophilia A.
10. Peripheral smear and Bone marrow findings in Multiple Myeloma.
III. Short Answer questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Define metaplasia and give two examples.
2. Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.
3. Mention four X linked recessive disorders.
4. Mention four special stains for Amyloid.
5. Lead and blood and marrow changes.
6. Four infections associated with AIDS.
9. Four Systemic effects of inflammation.
10. Hyper IGM syndrome.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021