Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2011 August 524065 Pharmacology I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4065
SECOND M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper V ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q. P. Code : 524065
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. (i) Enumerate the various sedative and hypnotic drugs.
(ii) Discuss the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of benzodiazepines.
(iii) Briefly discuss the management of acute barbiturate poisoning.
2. (i) Classify anticholinersterases
(ii) Discuss the mechanism of action and indications of reversible anti-cholisterases
(iii) Outline the management of acute organophosphorous poisoning.
II. Write Short notes on : (10 x 5 = 50)
2. Drugs used in prophylaxis of migraine.
3. Receptor antagonism of drugs.
4. Sublingual route of administration.
5. Blood-Brain barrier.
6. Therapeutic uses of loop diuretics.
7. Parenteral iron therapy.
8. Epsilon amino-caproic acid.
9. Therapeutic uses of prostaglandin analogues.
10. Uricosuric agents.
III. Short Answer Questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Mechanism of action of Disulfiram.
2. What is potentiation of drug action? Mention two examples?
3. What is Eutetic mixture? Mention its indications.
4. Mention two uses, two advantages and two disadvantages of thiopentone sodium.
5. What is first order kinetics?
6. What is fixed dose combination? Give two examples
7. Mention two selective Cox-2 inhibitors. What are the advantages?
8. What are antitussives? Give two examples.
9. Mention 2 thiazide diuretics. Mention two uses of thiazides.
10. What is the mechanism of action and uses of Montelukast?
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021