Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2011 August 524066 Pharmacology II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4066
SECOND M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper VI ? PHARMACOLOGY ? II
Q. P. Code : 524066
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. i) What are the various methods of hormonal contraception?
ii) Discuss the mechanism of action of hormonal contraceptives.
iii) Mention the complications of contraceptive use.
2. i) Classify Antiamoebic drugs.
ii) Discuss the adverse effects and indications of Nitroimidazoles used in Amoebiasis.
iii) Write briefly on Nitazoxanide.
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
2. Drugs used in TYPHOID fever.
3. Insulin resistance.
4. Diethylcarbamazine citrate.
III. Short Answer questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Mention two calcineurin inhibitors. Mention two uses.
2. What is Cisplatin? Mention two uses.
3. Name two conditions where multi drug therapy is indicated with antimicrobials.
4. Mention two examples each for bacteriostatic and bactericidal drugs.
5. What is the mechanism of action of Vinca alkaloids?
6. Which antithyroid drug inhibits hormone release from thyroid? Mention two uses.
7. Mention two insulin analogues.
8. Mention two Antioestrogens. Mention two indications.
9. Mention two conditions requiring Hormone replacement therapy.
What hormones are given?
10. Name the Mast cell stabilizers. What is their role in Bronchial asthma?
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021