Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2008 August 524065 Pharmacology I Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4065
SECOND M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper V ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q. P. Code : 524065
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. (i) Classify antihypertensive drugs.
(ii) Write the mechanism of action and pharmacological action of captopril.
(iii) Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of captopril.
2. (i) Classify NSAID's.
(ii) Write the mechanism of action and pharmacological action of salicylates.
(iii) Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of salicylates.
II. Write Short notes on : (10 x 5 = 50)
1. Treatment of organophosphorus poisoning.
3. Indications and contra ? indications of B-blockers.
4. Write the differences between competitive & Non-competitive Neuromuscular blockers.
Write their therapeutic uses and adverse effects.
5. Intravenous general Anaesthetics.
6. Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors.
7. Pharmacotherapy of parkinsonism.
8. Therapeutic uses of prostoglandins.
9. High Ceiling Diuretics.
III. Short Answer Questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Name two selective co x -2 inhibitors.
2. Rationale of giving adrenaline along with local anaestnetics.
3. Write two therapeutic uses of ONDANSETRAN.
4. Mention two advantages and disadvantages of sublingual route of drug administration.
5. Drug used in cardiogenic shock.
6. Centrally acting cough suppressants and their use.
7. Therapeutic uses of AMIODARONE.
8. Name two second generation Antihistamines and their therapeutic uses.
9. Therapeutic uses of organic nitrates.
10. Adverse effects of SPIRONOLACTONE.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021