Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2008 August 524066 Pharmacology II Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4066
SECOND M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper VI ? PHARMACOLOGY ? II
Q. P. Code : 524066
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a. Classify anti malarial drugs.
b. Mechanism of action and Pharmacological actions of chloroquine.
c. Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of chloroquine.
2. a. Classify macrolide antibiotics.
b. Write the mechanism of action and Anti bacterial spectrum of Erythromycin.
c. Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of Erythromycin.
II. Write Short notes on : (10 x 5 = 50)
1. Prokinetic drugs.
2. Drugs used in Bronchial Asthma and Write different techniques of Administration.
3. Fibrinolytic agents.
4. Tocolytic agents.
5. Alkylating agents and Therapeutic uses.
7. Uricosuric Drugs.
8. Anti-Retroviral Drugs.
9. Doxycycline and their advantages over tetracylines.
10. Flouroquinolones and their Therapeutic uses.
III. Short Answer Questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Adverse effects of Aminoglycosides.
2. Name two immunosuppresants and their uses.
3. Ivermectin Therapeutic uses.
4. Name two Anticancer antibiotic and write their therapeutic uses.
5. Name drugs of Third generation cephalosporin.
7. Radio-active iodine.
8. Adverse effects of oral contraceptive pills.
9. Triple drug regime of peptic ulcer.
10. New routes of drug delivery system of insulin.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021