Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) Final Year (Final Year) 2010 Feb 524087 Paediatrics Including Neonatology Previous Question Paper
Sub. Code : 4087
FINAL M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PART ? II
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper VII ? PAEDIATRICS INCLUDING NEONATOLOGY
Q. P. Code : 524087
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions.
Draw Suitable diagrams wherever necessary
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. List the common causes of pyrexia of unknown origin in children.
Briefly indicate the investigations for a child with prolonged fever more than two weeks.
Discuss the specific treatment for six year old child with falciparum malaria.
2. Define failure to thrive in children.
List the investigations for a six month old baby with failure to thrive.
Indicate how to treat a nine month old baby with failure to thrive due to faulty feeding
II. Write Short notes on :
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Differences between Kwashiorkar and marasmus.
2. Zinc deficiency in children.
3. Measles mumps rubella (MMR) vaccine.
4. Rheumatic fever prophylaxis.
5. Diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis.
6. Management of febrile fits.
7. APGAR score.
8. Baby friendly hospital Initiative.
9. Pediatric HIV infection.
10. Atypical pneumonia in children.
III. Short Answer Questions :
(10 x 2 = 20)
1. Oral rehydration therapy corner.
2. Peripheral smear in iron deficiency anemia.
3. Stepwise management of bronchial asthma.
4. Indications for intravenous immunoglobulins in children.
5. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Differences between cyanotic spell and breath holding spell.
7. Features of viper envenomation.
8. Causes of respiratory distress in new born.
9. Differences between physiological and pathological jaundice in new born.
10. Caput succedaneum.
This post was last modified on 18 June 2021