Download A Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2023 July 526061 Pharmacology I Previous Question Paper || MGR MBBS 2023 nov 2nd year question papers
[MBBS 0723] JULY 2023 Sub. Code :6061
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020 Batch onwards)
SECOND YEAR ? (CBME)
PAPER I ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q.P. Code: 526061
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 100 Marks (80 Theory + 20MCQs)
Answer all the Questions
(2 x 15 = 30)
1. A 25 year old lady is brought with complains of recurrent episodes of fits
lasting for 2-3 minutes. She experiences aura before each episode. Description
of fit by the husband corresponds to generalized tonic clonic seizure.
a) Enumerate drugs used in Epilepsy.
b) Explain the mechanism of action, therapeutic uses, adverse effects and
Drug interactions of Phenytoin.
c) Write briefly the management of febrile convulsions.
2. A 60 year old male came with severe chest pain, sweating and his ECG showed
features of myocardial infarction and investigations showed raised LDL.
a) Discuss the drug therapy in myocardial infarction.
b) Classify Hypolipidaemic agents.
c) Discuss in detail the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of Statins.
II. Write Short notes on:
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Explain drug addiction with examples.
2. A 70 years old male presented with complaints of weak stream of urine, sense
of incomplete voiding and increased urinary frequency. On physical examination
and ultrasound, he was diagnosed as having benign prostatic hypertrophy.
a) What are the preferred drugs for this patient?
b) What is the rational in using them?
3. Classify drugs used in Gout. Explain the mechanism of action and adverse
effects of Allopurinol.
4. Discuss First pass metabolism and its clinical significance with examples.
5. Write the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of Baclofen.
6. Discuss the advantages of Fentanyl over Morphine and mention its uses.
7. List out the antiplatelet agents and elaborate on their uses with rationale.
8. Management of Hypertension in pregnancy.
9. Explain the mechanism of action, adverse effects and role of Methylxanthines
in Bronchial asthma.
10. Differentiate the mechanism of action of Spironolactone and Amiloride and
what are their therapeutic uses.
This post was last modified on 18 November 2023