Download A Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2023 July 526062 Pharmacology II Previous Question Paper || MGR MBBS 2023 nov 2nd year question papers
[MBBS 0723] JULY 2023 Sub. Code :6062
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020)
SECOND YEAR - (CBME)
PAPER II ? PHARMACOLOGY II
Q.P. Code: 526062
Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 Marks (80 Theory + 20MCQs)
Answer all the Questions
(2 x 15 = 30)
1. A 25 years old male came with c/o cough with expectoration, evening rise of temperature,
sweating and loss of appetite for the past 2 weeks.
a) What is the diagnosis?
b) Classify the drugs used in this condition.
c) Describe the mechanism of action therapeutic uses and adverse effects of
2. 30 years old male had attended a party last week, now she came with c/o loose
stools with abdominal pain and mild feve
a) What is your probable diagnosis?
b) Classify Antiamoebic drugs.
c) Describe the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of Metronidazole.
d) What will happen if the patient consumes alcohol during the course of
II. Write Short notes on:
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Hormone replacement therapy in menopause.
2. Mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of Metoclopramide.
3. Mechanism of action and uses of Methotrexate.
4. Treatment of acne vulgaris.
5. Clinical uses of Uterine relaxants.
6. Write the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of Metformin.
7. Write the mechanism of action, uses and toxicity of Vancomycin.
8. Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) of HIV infection.
9. Clinical uses of Ivermectin.
10. Therapeutic effects of Mycophenolate Mofetil.
This post was last modified on 18 November 2023