Download A Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2021 September 525061 Pharmacology I Previous Question Paper || MGR MBBS 2023 july 2nd year question papers
[MBBS 0921] SEPTEMBER 2021 Sub.Code :5061
(FEBRUARY 2021 SESSION)
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER I ? PHARMACOLOGY ? I
Q.P. Code: 525061
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. A patient is brought to the emergency medicine dept with symptoms suggestive of
Organo Phosphorous Compound (OPC) poisoning.
a. What is the antidote for the above poisoning?
b. Write in detail on receptor antagonism with suitable diagram.
c. Write briefly on cholinergic crisis in Myasthenia Gravis.
II. Write notes on:
(6 x 4 = 24)
1. Write Mechanism of action, therapeutic uses of newer antiepileptic drugs.
2. Uses, adverse effects of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors.
3. Discuss the clinical significance of plasma protein binding with examples?
4. Therapeutic uses of beta blockers and contraindications.
5. Therapeutic uses of fibrinolytic drugs.
III. Short answers on:
(6 x 1 = 6)
1. Define pharmacogenetics, discuss with three examples.
2. Rationale of Levodopa Carbidopa fixed drug combination.
3. Enumerate direct oral anticoagulants.
4. Define pharmacovigilance.
5. Give three examples each for drugs with long and very short half life.
6. Drugs used in treatment of alzheimers disease.
This post was last modified on 18 November 2023