Download A Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2nd Year (Second Year) 2021 September 525062 Pharmacology II Previous Question Paper || MGR MBBS 2023 july 2nd year question papers
[MBBS 0921] SEPTEMBER 2021 Sub.Code :5062
(FEBRUARY 2021 SESSION)
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER II ? PHARMACOLOGY II
Q.P. Code: 525062
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 40 Marks
Answer All Questions
I. Elaborate on:
(1 x 10 = 10)
1. 48 years old obese male with sedentary life style, presents with symptoms and
blood sugar level suggestive of diabetes mellitus, fasting blood sugar 120 mgs%,
Post prandial blood sugar 260 mgs%.
a. What type of diabetes do you suspect with above clinical picture?
b. Enlist the oral hypoglycemic agents used in treatment of diabetes mellitus.
c. Detail on the mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of insulin
II. Write notes on:
(6 x 4 = 24)
1. Write in detail on mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of
2. Write in detail on retroviral protease inhibitors and combination therapy.
3. Therapeutic uses and adverse effects of metronidazole.
4. Mechanism of action, therapeutic uses, adverse effects of vinca alkaloids.
5. Uses and precautions of corticosteroids in ocular conditions.
III. Short answers on:
(6 x 1 = 6)
1. Rationale of cotrimoxazole as fixed drug combination.
3. Drugs used in treatment of scabies.
4. Name four anticancer antibiotics.
5. Name two 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, and their two uses.
This post was last modified on 18 November 2023