Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 526056 Biochemistry Paper II 2023 January Previous Question Paper | MBBS
JANUARY 2023 Sub. Code : 6056
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMITION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020)
FIRST YEAR ? (CBME)
PAPER II ? BIOCHEMISTRY
Q.P. Code: 526056
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 100 Marks (80 Theory + 20MCQs)
Answer All Questions
(2 x 15 = 30)
1. Write in detail about the initiation, elongation and termition of transcription.
Give an account of post transcriptiol processing.
2. A 40 year old woman complains of tiredness and appears pale. She is experiencing
a heavy and prolonged menstrual flow. Blood investigation shows decreased
haemoglobin and microcytic hypochromic Red Blood Cells.
a) What are the causes of Aemia?
b) Describe in detail about Iron homeostasis.
c) How will you diagnose and treat Iron deficiency?
II. Write notes on:
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Synthesis and mechanism of action of Nitric Oxide.
4. Normal Anion gap and High Anion gap metabolic acidosis.
5. Phase Two detoxification.
6. Special products formed from Glycine.
7. A 24 year old physiotherapist consulted his general practioner because of
excessive sweating and was also concerned that his eyes seemed to have become
more prominent and that he had lost weight recently although his appetite was
normal. He also complained of palpitation. On examition, his doctor observed
that his pulse rate was 100 / min at rest and that he had a slightly enlarged thyroid
glan Serum TSH: < 0.1 mIU/ mL (0.3 5
IU/mL), Free T4:3.2 ng/ dL
(0.8 ? 2.7 ng/dL) Free T3: 880 pg/ dL (210- 440 pg/dL).
a) What is your diagnosis? Justify.
b) What is the cause of tachycardia in this condition?
c) What is the explation for the eye prominence in this condition?
10. A 42 year old male was diagnosed with poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma.
A family counselling revealed that the proband had five family members with
colorectal cancer diagnosed before 45 years of age. Hence all family members
were counselled that this would have been caused by a defect of D repair and
that all family members older than 25 years should undergo regular colonoscopic
a) What are the different D repair mech
anisms? Which repair defect causes
Hereditary Non polyposis Colon Cancer (HNPCC)? Describe in detail about
the repair mechanism.
This post was last modified on 20 February 2023