Download MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) 1st Year (First Year) 526055 Biochemistry Paper I 2023 January Previous Question Paper | MBBS
[MBBS 0123] JANUARY 2023 Sub. Code : 6055
M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMITION
(For the candidates admitted from the Academic Year 2019-2020)
FIRST YEAR ?(CBME)
PAPER I ? BIOCHEMISTRY
Q.P. Code: 526055
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 100 Marks (80 Theory + 20MCQs)
Answer All Questions
(2 x 15 = 30)
1. A four year old girl was brought to the OPD for not being able to walk properly.
O/E she had bowed legs, thick wrists and dental caries. Her weight (8 kgs) and
height (72.5cm) were below third percentile for her age. X-Ray shows cupping
and widening of metaphyseal end of bone, poor bone mineralization.
? Lab investigations showed:
Serum Calcium ? 8.5 mg/dL, Serum phosphorous ? 3.0 mg/dL, Serum Alkaline
phosphatase ? 924 U/L, Serum 25-OH Vitamin D ? 12 ng /mL.
a) What is your provisiol diagnosis?
b) Write the daily requirement and sources of the deficient nutrient in the
above condition and its main functions.
c) Write in detail about its deficiency manifestations in children and adults.
d) What are the causes of this disease?
2. Explain the steps of beta oxidation of Palmitic acid and its Energetics. Add a note
on alpha and beta oxidation disorders.
II. Write short notes on:
(10 x 5 = 50)
1. Diagnostic criteria for diabetes mellitus and laboratory investigation in Diabetes
2. Molecular basis and clinical features of Sickle cell anemia and Thalasemias.
3. Passive Transport Mechanisms.
4. A 4 month old child was brought with the history of vomiting, feeding difficulties
and Failure to thrive along with developmental delay. The child was born at full
term by normal delivery (birth weight 3 kg) and exclusively breast fe The child
also had suffered from severe and prolonged neotal jaun dice. The child now
weighs 4 kg. O/E. He had hepatomegaly with bilateral cataract.
a) What is your diagnosis?
b) What is the Biochemical defect?
c) What is the Biochemical test for reducing sugars?
d) What are the non-carbohydrate reducing substances in urine?
e) What is the treatment for this disease?
5. Metabolism of LDL with clinical importance.
6. Protein energy malnutrition.
7. Functions of prostaglandins.
8. Glycogen storage disorders.
9. Classify enzymes with examples.
10. Write short notes on Metabolic syndrome.
This post was last modified on 20 February 2023