Download B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) 2020 Feb 1st Sem Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry Previous Question Papers
(LQ 4251) FEBRUARY 2020 Sub Code: 4251
B.PHARM. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER I ? PHARMACEUTICAL INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Q.P. Code: 564251
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 20 = 40)
1. a) Define Saline Cathartics. Explain method of preparation and assay of milk
b) Define Antimicrobial and classify on the basis of mechanism of action. Discuss
method of preparation and assay of Hydrogen peroxide and Silver nitrate.
2. a) Define Medicinal gases. Write pr eparation and assay of oxygen and helium
b) Define antidote. Write preparation and assay of sodium nitrite and charcoal.
II. Write notes on: (8 x 5 = 40)
1. Write about electrolytes used in the acid-base therapy with examples. Write
preparation and assay of any two electrolytes.
2. Write preparation, identif ication tests and assay of compound sodium lactate
3. Differentiate between purified water and water for injection and write tests
made for those.
4. Write short notes on Pharmacopoeia.
5. Define and explain physiologi cal role of some trace ions.
6. Note on combinations of antacid rapy. Give preparation, identification tests
and assay of calcium carbonate.
7. Explain principle, proce dure involved in modified limit test for sulphate.
8. Define respiratory stimulant. Give method of prep aration and assay for
compound from it.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Define terms Hypernatremia and H yperkalemia, how will you treat this
2. What are primary and se condary standard solutions?
3. Define complexometric titration with examples.
4. Define and write types of limit test.
5. Discuss physiological ro le of zinc and coppe
6. Give molecular formula and uses for following:-
i) Amphojel ii) Baking soda.
7. Explain use of th ioglycollic acid in limit test for iron.
8. Write identification test for Ammonium and Chloride.
9. Write principle and reaction invol ved in limit te st for chloride.
10. What are characters of an ideal antacid?
FirstRanker.com - FirstRanker's Choice
This post was last modified on 21 February 2020