Download JNTUH (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad) Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy) 5th Year PD502 Pharmacoepidemiology And Pharmacoeconomics Previous Question Paper
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD
Pharm.D V Year Supplementary Examinations, October/November - 2019
PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY AND PHARMACOECONOMICS
Time: 3hours Max.Marks:70
Answer any five questions
All questions carry equal marks
- - -
1. Discuss the risk measurement in pharmacoepidemiology studies. 
2. Explain the following tools for measurement of outcomes in pharmacoepidemiology.
Give their advantages and disadvantages:
a) Defined daily doses and prescribed daily doses.
b) Number of prescriptions. 
3. What care should be taken for vaccine safety studies? Discuss vaccine safety studies in
4. What is meta-analysis? Give the advantages and disadvantages of the same. Discuss the
challenges associated with spontaneous reporting. 
5.a) Write a note on the role of pharmacoeconomics in formulary management decisions.
b) Describe health outcome measures. [7+7]
6. Compare and contrast different types of drug utilization studies. 
7. Give a detailed account of cost utility and cost effectiveness studies. 
8. A public health nurse can screen patients in a day for HIV. Her monthly salary is
Rs. 4000/-. A single patient screening along with the laboratory requirements costs
around Rs. 70/-. If the nurse needs to screen more than patients, she needs the help of
an assistant whose monthly salary is Rs. 00/ -.
a) Calculate the marginal cost if (i) 27 patients are scheduled (ii) 53 patients are
b) Draw conclusions on the program activity level.
c) Explain QALY and DALY. 
FirstRanker.com - FirstRanker's Choice
This post was last modified on 21 October 2020