Many more colleges may shut shop.

Of the total 62,860 MBA seats available in the convenor quota, only 39,719 were filled, leaving 23,141 seats empty. In MCA courses, 241 colleges had admissions in the range of just zero to nine, 71 colleges had 10-19 and 27 colleges had 20-29 admissions. In MBA courses, in 101 colleges, only nine seats were filled, while 129 colleges had admissions in the range of 10-19 and 104 colleges had 20-29.

The managements of MBA and MCA colleges and officials of the higher education department, meanwhile, are expecting the worst since only 50,193 students out of 1,26,619 qualified students turned up for counselling. While 70 per cent of the total seats are filled in the convener quota through Icet counselling, the remaining 30 per cent seats are in the management quota. The annual fee is `27,000 in the convener quota and `78,000 in the management quota. This year, all seats in the management quota have remained vacant barring top-20 colleges.

The state currently has 51 university MBA colleges with an intake of 2,590 seats and 886 private MBA colleges offering 60,270 seats. There are 43 university MCA colleges with 1,998 seats and 591 private MCA colleges offering 29,183 seats. Hundreds of MCA colleges came up in the state in the last five years to cash in on the IT boom. However the poor response from students forced around 200 colleges to close down over the last two years. The managements fear that 159 colleges more will down their shutters this year.

Phase II of Icet counselling will be held on September 13 and 14. The seat allotment list will be out on Sept-ember 15. Phase II of Eamcet engineering counselling will be held on September 5.

Source : DC

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.