Types of US Student Visas: USA Student Visa Immigration Info

Types of US student visas: F1 student immigration visa, M1 student immigration visa, J1 visa

There are three types of USA student immigration visas:

? The F-1 visa is issued to students who are enrolled in an academic or English language program. The F1 visa is also required for international students who wish to study at a US college or university. F-1 students must maintain the minimum course load for full-time student status. They can remain in the US up to 60 days beyond the length of time it takes to complete their academic program. They are expected to complete their studies by the expiration date on the I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status).

? The M-1 visa is issued to students attending non-academic trade and vocational schools. This type of visa is valid for a maximum of one year.

? The J-1 visa is issued to students who need to obtain practical training, which is not available in their home country, to complete their academic program.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.