Download B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) 2020 Feb 3rd Sem Medicinal Chemistry I Previous Question Papers
(LQ 4262) FEBRUARY 2020 Sub. Code: 4262
B.PHARM. DEGREE EXAMINATION
PAPER II ? MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY ? I
Q.P. Code: 564262
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 20 = 40)
1. Explain following physio chemical parameters related to biological activity
a) Optical isomerism b) Surface activity c) Chelation d) pKa values.
2. a) Sketch synsis for: (i) Amitriptyline HCl (ii) Mephenytoin.
b) Give detailed account of structur e activity relationship of Barbiturates.
c) Define Antipsychotics and classify with examples.
II. Write notes on: (8 x 5 = 40)
1. Give route of synsis and mechanism of action of Diazepam.
2. Classify local anestics with at least one structure for each class.
3. Give structure, synsis and uses of Acetazolamide.
4. Describe significance of drug metabolism.
5. Illustrate structur e, synsis and uses of Meclizine HCl.
6. Draw any four structures as Antitussives.
7. Describe biosynsis of Eicosanoids.
8. Explain structure ac tivity relationship of morphine analogues.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Draw two structures of metabolized products of adrenergic neurotransmitters.
2. Give two examples for Neuromuscular blockers and mention ir uses.
3. Sketch structure and medicinal us es of Phenylephrine and Etomidate.
4. Give two examples for Prodrugs.
5. Outline structure and medicinal uses of Metoprolol and Phenoxybenzamine.
6. Add a note on Cholinergic Neurochemistry.
7. Give reaction product of Diphenylamine with sulphur in pr esence of
8. Give any two structures of drugs used as proton pump inhibito
9. Sketch structure and medi cinal uses of Tropicamide.
10. Outline structure and uses of Zomepirac sodium.
FirstRanker.com - FirstRanker's Choice
This post was last modified on 21 February 2020